Monday, January 9, 2012

Go Texans!!

I married into football. My hubby is a huge Texans football fan and the rest of his family is too. No...let me get that straight. They are not Texans fans but 'football fans'. My in laws bleed Kansas City Chiefs and every year during football season their is a rift in the family. Most Sundays while he watches football by himself or with his family you will find me either taking a nap or reading a book on the couch right along side them. I've learned to tune out the hoopin' and hollerin' that goes on around that time. After many years of trying to learn the game of football I think I am finally catching on a little. Basically, if the team can get their ball to their side of the field at the goal they get several points. Then if they manage to kick it into the same goal right after, they get some more points. But they have 4 tries also called Downs to continue from their same yard line. If they don't advance a certain number of yards by 4 downs (i think) the other team gets the ball. I may be all wrong but that's how I interpret it. I used to just think it was a violent game of chase to steal the ball from each other but there ended up being more to it than that. You'd think that being in high school band and attending every football game during my high school years I would have understood all of this but...I had no interest on what was going on on that field. Except the score on the board of course....and making sure I looked cute with a band uniform on. That's a tough job, I might add.

NEways, Johnny and I don't get to go the games much but over the years we've had the opportunity to go several times. The highlight of course was getting to go to this past weekend's Playoffs!! Johnny was so stoked he was going to be able to go. He was like a little kid waiting with anticipation the whole week prior. It was the first game that I was actually paying attention to and actually understood what was going on a little. I was proud of myself when I found myself standing up to cheer just when everyone else was too. I wasn't just trying to blend in! I did it on my own and it ended up being at the right times just when an interception had happened or a touchdown was about to be caught. I especially love the community there is with complete strangers. Everyone was high fiving each other and celebrating together....it was awesome! Here are some pictures of us over the years enjoying some games with friends and family. GO TEXANS!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment