Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We miss....

Last night Ati and I were getting ready for bed putting our PJ's on. I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and couldn't help but stop and ponder on my ever growing tummy. As I stood there holding my protruding belly I thought and said out loud "You know Ati, just a little while longer and your little brother or sister will be out. Then my tummy will go back to normal again." She quickly responded with a face of utter excitement, "And then you can pick me up again?!" My train of thought in the mirror quickly turned to her. These 9 months it was so easy for me to think of all the things I miss due to pregnancy. How easy to forget that I am not the only one impacted just because I am blessed to be able to carry this little miracle.

I can list off everything I miss about not being pregnant. Probably at the top of my list would be sleeping on my tummy. Then, not having to visit the bathroom every 10 minutes to relieve my pressured bladder. Or not feeling like a duck when I waddle....I mean walk. The list can go on, but I won't go there because after last night my list is nothing compared to what my little girl misses most. To be picked up and held by her momma!

Out of curiousity I asked Johnny what he missed most. He said he can't wait to stop hearing excuses. hmmmm....I'am just gonna stick to thinking about holding and picking up my Ati again.

No comments:

Post a Comment