Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh no he didn't.....

News Flash. My husband is wacky crazy! The things he says or does sometimes make me just wonder about him sometimes. Nonetheless, he is the one that keeps us laughing every day and can honestly say I never get bored with him around. Ati is a chip off the ole' block. She takes after him. hmmm....I wonder what they think about me?? I just heard of a recent answer Ati gave a family member about my whereabouts the other day. She supposedly answered by saying, "oh, she's at home, reading a book." Hunh? What's that all about? So he's the funny one, and I......the book worm? Whatever.



So for Mother's Day, my sweet husband gave me a Benjamin to go shopping for summer clothes. We have several travel plans this summer and he knew I needed to stack up on some summer attire. I hardly ever visit the mall anymore due to....... well temptation. Fortunatly, you know how I deal with temptation hence facebook getting the boot. Well, after going this past week, the good Lord knows full well why I do the things I must do to avoid temptation because...... I went over my Mother's Day budget. Seriously, you would have too if you would have found out what I did at the mall. It turns out......I am a size bigger. I don't even like that word. Is there another "nicer" word than......bigger? Well, I found out I was. I learned that during the fall and winter my body naturally graduated to the next size in bottoms. This rocked my world. After finding this out it was only reasonable to conclude that ALL my bottoms sitting in my closet just would not do anymore. You just can't cheat the fact that you don't wear that size anymore. It's that plain and simple folks.



Now if I could have just convince my wonderful husband to the fact that once you graduate to the next size everything else in the closet becomes obsolete. There's just no getting around it, I'am afraid. I had to do what I had to do.



In order to convice him further and justify my purchases I insisted to give him a fashion show with my new threads. As I'am walking across the living room floor feeling "bigger" (for lack of a better word) he has the audacity to say, "Well, you at least look up to date now." OH, NO HE DIDN'T! Not only am I bigger? But, now I have been dressing like an old lady?!" Oh, no he didn't just go there?! Yes, he did, let me tell you.



Frankly now, I feel totally fine and justifed about my over budget trip to the mall. The guilt is gone and well honestly I'am glad that at least I'am "up to date" and not just "bigger". I'am officially bigger, better, and even more beautiful according to my dear hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment