Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bu Bye Facebook

I'am back! I know it's been a while since I posted anything on here. I've missed my blog so much! A couple of months ago I gave in to peer pressure and signed up with Facebook. Unfortunatly, my blog has suffered the consequences along with my free time and e-mail inbox. I had the best of intentions not to get "addicted" if that's what you call it. Well, I should have known better and trusted myself more. Let me explain.

Time to me is a precious commodity. One that sometimes I feel I don't have enough of. Doesn't everyone? Well yes. But I have found myself having to make sacrifices to make the best of mine. After a long day of work I look foward to spending time with the family and try to make sure I squeeze some in for the Man upstairs with quiet time. But I realized that since joining facebook I was sacrificing or giving up the wrong things. Those that I care the most about. So I think now is the time for me to sacrifice the right thing. So yes my friends. Facebook has gotta go. It's outta here! But don't fret! My blog which is way more personal and less tempting of my time is here to stay!

I kinda knew it was time for me to say goodbye when Johnny taught Ati to sing "I'am waitiiiiing, for you to play with meeeee, and so I'am waitiiiiiiiing...." as in the theme song from Fireproof. Yes, I could easily just train myself to stop being on the computer at home but it's just much easier to just completely get rid of the temptation. As in out of sight, out of mind.

For all my dear FB friends and groups, it wasn't you. It was me. Trust me, this hurts me more that it does you. I'am a traditional gal. I'd rather go with the good ole' fashion phone call, e-mail, or face to face visit. I'd go for Facetime any day over facebook. ;) So give me a call! Drop me an e-mail or drop a card or letter in the mail! Now talk about going back in time!

Here's to a Cyber 'Friend' trying to go back to the good ole' days of hanging outside in the front yard making new friends, calling friends on the phone, dropping an occasional e-mail and still having time for the things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment