Monday, February 6, 2012

The Power of a Note

When was the last time you recieved a hand written note for no special reason? Maybe a sweet handwritten note surprise in the mailbox or in your lunch...(hint to Johnny)? I think in the mix of social media we have lost the art of handwritten notes. I personally enjoy recieving notes, they make me feel special and loved. In the wake of this thought I have been convicted to do the same for the loved ones in my life. I know periodically the Holy Spirit will bring someone in my thoughts during the day and I lift them up in prayer. Just the other day on my way to work a friend of ours came to mind and I knew they were going through a tough time with a health issue. As I drove I remember saying to the Lord..."I don't know why this person came to mind, but you do God and I just want to lift them up to you at this time and pray that you be with them at this moment." Sure enough when I got home I read on their blog that that morning had been a rough one and that they appreciate the prayers and to keep them coming. I was moved to tears. I just never tire at the work of the Holy Spirit. It is so captivating! I have yet to let my friend know but remember thinking I wanted to write a note to let them know I had been praying for them in that moment and continue to do so.






NEway, back to notes! In the wake of making those around me feel loved and special I will be keeping stationary and envelopes with my bible to use after quiet time and prayer. Often times I think of someone during bible reading or prayer and hope to be able to bless, encourage, and love others during that time. Because isn't that the second most important comandment of all?




Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'



Here's to recieving and giving encouraging handwritten notes!! Here's a few I have recieved at work that I have taped up to serve as great reminders to keep going, and doing even though my mind and body get tired of hanging out with my 6 and 7 year old friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment