Monday, September 20, 2010

1 Month and 10 days ago.....

We can't believe it's been a little over a month ago that we were blessed with the arrival of our little Maciah. Even though our world has been turned upside down with sleepless nights, early mornings and fatigue we wouldn't trade it for the world.

For Mother's Day, Johnny got me a maternity photo session with our favorite photog. I was hesitant on having a maternity session done and instead I really really wanted a birth photo session. During a birth session your photog is with you in the hospital during birth capturing those priceless moments before, during and after birth. Put those pictures together and you've got a Pictorial Birth Story! One of the main reasons I really wanted a birth session was because I felt like I missed out on so much when Atianna was born. Being sedated and in recovery I missed out on our family's reaction to our baby being a boy or a girl. We enjoy not finding out the gender for our surprise and our family's on that special day. For us it just makes it much more exciting.

When speaking to our photog about choosing a birth session over a maternity session (because we couldn't afford both) we were in for a surprise! She had never offered birth sessions to clients but had only at the time done them for her family members. She had been thinking about doing birth sessions professionally but before doing so she would need pictures of some in her portfolio to show prospective clients. Due to perfect timing she offered to do a birth session for us for free in order that she may use our prints for marketing purposes! I wish I could show you a picture of me doing the happy dance. But unfortunately I don't. BUT, what I do have is the slide show of Maciah's Birth Story!! I must say our family's reaction to the It's a Boy! news is priceless. Even though I wasn't there to see, the pictures are worth more than my actually being there!

Click Here for the link. I think it will only be available to view for a couple of weeks and then taken down. In the mean time I've got to get my creative juices running and figure out how to get a coffee table book made with these! Enjoy!

Oh and if your ever in the market for getting some AMAZING pictures taken of your sweet family or babies I totally recommend using our dear friend Minnette! She does some amazing work and is the sweetest to work with! Click here to view her website.

2 comments:

  1. Ok!!! NO JOKE!!! I cried my eyes out viewing your GORGEOUS son slide show! That was absolutly beautiful! You guys totally rock with creativity in all departments!! You have memories that are PRICELESS!! I cannot wait to meet him and hold him! Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures with us! Kisses to all of you guys! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime! What GREAT photos. The pics with Big Sister are especially priceless. I got teary-eyed watching the slideshow -- seeing everybody's reaction and hugs and smiles is just so touching. What a beautiful family you have!

    Hope you all are doing well!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete