Saturday, August 14, 2010

Maciah's Birth

We are so excited to finally be home from the hospital! We are adjusting to having a newborn in the house especially a male one! Diaper changing a boy has proven to be much more challenging that a girl ever was. Johnny has been in charge of diaper duty and he's already been showered upon by little Maciah. Speaking of peeing all over the place. As soon as they took him out of my tummy he also showered down the doctor! I couldn't help but ask if any of that pee fell on my wide open tummy on the surgery table. Doc said it would have been okay either way b/c the baby's urine made up the amniotic fluid. So it was already in there anyways. Interesting what you learn while in surgery. I tried to get Johnny to take pictures of the surgery but he refused. He wouldn't turn the camera on until the baby actually came out. Would have loved to see what my insides look like. I know it's sounds yucky but I think it interesting!

Another interesting story from the day of Maciah's birth. All through this pregnancy we had planned on delivering the baby via VBAC. Which stands for Vaginal Birth after Cesarean. Since Atianna was breached she had to be delivered via C-Sect. And this time around I really wanted to experience a "natural" birth. We knew the risks involved but thought the benefits heavily outweighed the small chances of those risks. Although this was MY plan my prayer ultimately was for God's will to be done. Because I know that HIS plan is always far better than mine will ever be. So as we moved further into the pregnancy specifically the 41 week mark my doc noticed on the ultrasounds that the amniotic fluid around the baby was a little low. The morning of our delivery the doctor deemed it too low in fact that a C-Sect that evening had to be done.

My little heart was so set on delivering this baby naturally that right before being rolled into the operating room I thought I felt contractions. I almost wanted to stop the whole thing and say "WAIT! Before you cut me open I really think if we wait a little bit longer these contractions can get stronger and I can do this thing!" But I didn't. I had to trust in God's plan and be content with His provision.

As it turns out, after the baby was out and the doc and her assistant were putting everything back in my tummy and preparing to close me up she said to me, "You know Jaime, I'am glad I didn't let you go any longer and go into labor after all. After looking at your uterline scar from your previous C-sect. The lining around the scar was really thin." As I was trying to process this I asked, " So does that mean that I had a larger risk of my uterus rupturing during labor?" Both her and her assistant nodded a big Yes in unison. My reply to this was "Praise God! He DOES know best!" I think they both thought me crazy at that point. They probably thought it was the epidural or something. But I couldn't help but praise Him during his precious revelation to me while laying on that surgery table even if my insides were all out in the open along with the beautiful sound of a crying baby in the background as a reminder that our God is Awesome and is Good.....All the TIME!

Enjoy our Pics from that Beautiful Day!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free slideshow

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Johnny did a fantastic job with photographing the birth!! What a timeless treasure!

    ReplyDelete